On IMVU, a user can track another user to see when the person in question is online and ready to chat or get together in a specific room. IMVU Inc. provides several tracking tools for you on the 3-D chat messenger and the IMVU website. The tools use a variety of search parameters, such as friendship status, avatar name, assemble affiliation and email address. To use these tools to track someone, you simply need to know where to look.
On IMVU’s 3-D Chat Messenger
- Snap “Friends” on your IMVU chat messenger’s Home screen. On the Friends screen, you may see a blank area under a friend’s avatar name indicating that the friend isn’t online. In the event that your friend is online, you will see “Online,” a green dot and a check mark. “Now at” followed by a room name indicates that your friend is in a public room.
- Select the general population image at the base right corner of the screen as a method to track friends and individuals you’ve as of late spoken with in public or private chat. The window shows individuals online and, if any user is in a public chat room, the name of the room will also appear beneath the avatar’s name.
- Snap “Chat Rooms” on the Home screen to search for someone in a specific room. Enter the name of a chat room that a friend or other person you know frequents and then snap “Search” to find the room. Tap the room image to see a list of IMVU users right now in the room.
- Snap “Find People” on the Home screen to track a specific user by his or her avatar name. Type the user’s avatar name in the field at the highest point of the left sidebar to raise the user’s avatar picture. Tap the image to see the user’s status.
One IMVU Website
- Scroll to the My Friends panel on your IMVU avatar homepage and then snap “View All” to see a friends Web contact list. Scroll down the page to check the status of each friend. You will see “Online” in green or “Disconnected” in red under your friend’s avatar pictures.
- Choose “Individuals Search” on the Community menu to track a specific user by his or her email address or avatar name. Scroll to the “Find a Friend” section near the base left side of the screen, select a search method on the “By” drop-down menu, enter the user’s email address or avatar name and then tap the “Search” button. A green dot with a check mark indicates that the user is online and no dot indicates that the user is disconnected.
- Scroll to the “Find a Friend” section near the base left side of the screen, select a search method on the “By” drop-down menu, enter the user’s email address or avatar name and then tap the “Search” button. A green dot with a check mark indicates that the user is online and no dot indicates that the user is disconnected.
- Select “Public Rooms” on the Community menu to track someone to a specific public room. Type the name of a chat room and then snap “Search” to find the room. The names of the users presently in the room appear in the room description area.
- Select “Groups” on the Community menu to track a person inside his or her gathering. Type the gathering name in the search field and tap the “Go” button. Tap the gathering name, scroll to the “Active Members” section on the gathering’s Web page, click “View All Members” and then browse the screen for specific individuals. Online users are marked with a green dot and check mark.